Our Blog

Passports to enter US starts Today

Well June 1 is here and the enhanced identification requirement for going into the United States by land started today. Again you only need normal ID like a birth certificate and drivers license to enter Canada from the United States, but you now require either a passport, enhanced drivers license, a US Passport Card, a Nexus card, or a FAST/EXPRESS card to enter the US. The enhanced drivers license is probably the best alternative because it is fairly inexpensive, quicker to get, ant it is an ID you already need that fits into your wallet. Unfortunately enhanced drivers licenses are only available from Michigan, New York, Vermont and Washington State at this time.
This enhanced identification requirement does not mean you cannot get back into the United States if you have been vacationing in Canada. It is constitutionally illegal to bar a United States citizen from entering their own country. But you may be significantly delayed while they check your citizenship so it is best to have the appropriate identification.
We all hope to see you this summer!
Al, Doris, Devin & Morgan Errington and the staff at Errington’s Wilderness Island Resort

Thank you for your comments. Al and Doris.

No Comments

Write a Comment

Your email address will not be published.